Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I won!

I WON FIRST PLACE!!!! Farmers Market Marketing Activities Innovations!

The 2011 Kentucky Fruit and Vegetable Conference and Trade Show will have something for anyone interested in fruit and vegetable production.
This year’s event convenes Jan. 3 in Lexington at Embassy Suites Hotel, and concludes around 5 p.m. Jan. 4.
A new component to the conference this time around is the Agricultural Innovations Contest for Market Growers. Central Kentucky Ag Credit is sponsoring the event that will highlight two categories of laborsaving designs and modifications growers have made to handle the unique aspects of field production. The two categories are Market Grower Mechanization Activities and Famers Market Marketing Activities.

I entered my new miniature farming crates, made for our Sheep in the Meadow and our Bluegrass Farmer's Market  and of course the "Kentucky Proud" program which we are member of. I was mobbed after the awards presentation with people, men and woman, who wanted to talk to me! I will be featured in a magazine, speaking to groups and making crates.
I have lots of people to see and I am so excited. 
 I was honored to be able to speak to the attendees of this agricultural conference how my miniature world became married to our agricultural businesses.

No comments: