Sunday, August 16, 2009

and then there is Eloise.....

Thus begins our introduction to Eloise. Born circa 1949 and introduced to us in 1955, Eloise's adventures have come to life in a series of four books. We learn all about Eloise, Nanny, her "rawther" British nanny, her dog Weenie who looks like a cat, and her turtle Skipperdee who eats raisins and wears sneakers. An international traveler, Eloise has been to Paris and Moscow too! Eloise endlessly roams the landmark hotel in search of adventure. She attends weddings, invited or not. She spies on debutantes as they dance in the Terrace Room. The morning routine includes helping the maid change the sheets, even if she doesn't ask for help.

and so at the age of 70 what is Eloise doing now if she were real.....
still living at the Plaza? still traveling? still twirling? whom did she marry or did she?

and then there is me.... who is thinking....

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

2 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

amen

Sandy Kessler said...

here's present for you and me

http://papercutting.blogspot.com/