Wednesday, January 14, 2009


I am an avid collector of children's books, I own over 3,000 Little Golden books. I love them because the illustrations are wonderful - especially those printed in the 1940 and 1950's. The books published at that time always had a wonderful message with values and morals amongst the colorful pictures. In some cases, I have two of the same little book and am going to take my duplicate book and create a miniature scene.

Alice in Wonderland is one of those children's books that no one I think has ever really figured out. Lots of hidden ideas.. I have been "searching the web" looking at illustrations by many artists for Alice and her story. It is amazing to see how people have interpreted this book- but these dolls in this picture to me is how I imagine the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit and Alice.

No comments: